Basic Rules of volleyball for everyone
- by Blister
If you don’t have a basic idea about the rules of the game then it won’t be interesting for you. To know the basic volleyball rules is important, otherwise, it would be frustrating for you to watch or play it, even if you are a player, coach, or a fan. If you don’t have any idea and you are watching the sport then while the referee makes a call, you won’t have any idea what and why has happened.
Sometimes even if you know about the game but still you can need the rules to perform well and get a win. Here are some of the basic rules of volleyball that everyone should know :
Basic rules of volleyball
- There are a total of 6 players in a team, 3 in the front row and 3 in the back row.
- They are allowed to make a maximum of three hits per side
- Players cannot hit the ball continuously in succession
- The ball should be played off the net while a volley and on a serve
- If the ball hits the boundary line then it is ‘in’
- If the ball hits the antennae, the floor that is completely outside the court, any net or cable outside the antennae, to the referee stand or pole, or the ceiling above the non-playable area then it is out.
- The players are allowed to touch the ball from any part of the body.
- There are various types of hits in the match of volleyball, some of them are considered illegal so make sure you know all about it.
- If two players have touched the ball and played at the same time then it is considered as one play, the other players who were involved can make the next contact.
- The players are not permitted to block the ball or attack the serve from on or inside the 10-foot line.
- The front-line players can switch their positions to the net, after the serve.
- In the competition, there are two referees, line judges, a scorer, and an assistant scorer.
Some of the basic rules that usually get violated
- While serving, you are not permitted to step on or across the service line as you make contact with the serve.
- Failed in serving the ball over the net successfully.
- The players should avoid touching the ball illegally.
- When the ball is in play you can out-touch the bet with any part of your body.
In this article, you will get to read about the basic rules of volleyball that should be followed at the time of play. Volleyball is an interesting sport if you know it well. Watching or playing the sport without any idea of its basic rule means nothing. This article will help you to know about some of the basic rules of volleyball and also the rules that usually get violated by the players.